Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

I love how having a kid gives me reason to do fun things that I would otherwise pass up.  We took Andrew to the pumpkin patch in mid-October, and I think it was the first time I've been to a pumpkin patch since I was a little kid.  The local farm, Bi Zi Farms, had all sorts of fun activities for families.



Here's Andrew on the big straw-bale pyramid




Andrew and Paul in the straw-bale maze

Andrew and me sitting on the maze walls

There were lots of farm animals to see.  Andrew got to feed some corn to a goat.

Turkey butts!

There was a sea of dried corn kernels for the kids to play in

We were finding corn in Andrew's and Paul's clothes for a couple of weeks afterward

We got to take a hay ride out to the fields.  This was just part of one of three huge pumpkin patches!

Andrew really wanted to pick up a pumpkin and carry it, but they were just too big.  


For a while it seemed that he'd have to be content with just sitting on pumpkins.


He looked all over the field for a pumpkin that was just his size

In the end he accomplished his goal.


But, of course, what goes up must come down

After we selected our pumpkins, we made a quick stop to get measured.









1 comment: