Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Power of the Cookie


Now, I don't usually buy cookies at the store.  I always here my mom's voice in my head, "we could make that at home".  Plus, store-bought cookies usually aren't as good as home-made, and if I were to start buying cookies they would become too easy to acquire and I would eat cookies way too often.  No, if I really want cookies I'll go to the trouble of making them from scratch.  

However, several weeks ago at Institute (the weekly scripture study class and potluck lunch I attend) a few of us ladies were talking about chocolate and how much we love it.  One sister said that Giant Eagle's bakery has triple chocolate cookies that are so good that she and her husband actually considered them when making their pro/con list for deciding whether to move to Pittsburgh  With a recommendation like that, I just had to try them.  So, Saturday when we were out doing errands as a family and had to stop at Giant Eagle for a few things to make it until the next big grocery trip, we got some of these famous cookies.  They are chocolate cookies with white chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chunks.  And yes, they are great.  

* * * * *
In other news, over the last couple of weeks I've renewed my efforts to teach Andrew some sign language.  I've been concentrating on "more" and "milk".  He got to the point of signing them after I do sometimes, to copy me.  Saturday night we had a break-through when he signed "more" spontaneously in order to get more of something.  And what was it he wanted more of?  The triple chocolate cookie, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Found you! Also: mmmmm, cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you too. I've never heard of these cookies, but might need to check them out before we leave.:)

    ReplyDelete