Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Daddy's Boy

Andrew has a little cold and we had a pretty rough night last night because of it.  He woke up around 1:30 am and I rocked him some and then put him back to bed, only to have him wake up again just a couple of hours later and refuse to put himself back to sleep.  I went in and got him and tried everything I could to calm him down, but he was pretty miserable.  It seemed he just couldn't get comfortable in my arms.  He finally started pointing occasionally, as if he wanted me to take him somewhere.  I couldn't really figure out what he wanted.  After about 45 minutes I finally took him into our bedroom to put some clothes on so I could take him for a drive.  Paul was awake, and had been pretty much the whole time I was trying to calm Andrew down.  He took Andrew and Andrew immediately put his head down on Paul's shoulder and quieted down.  So, Paul took him into his room, rocked him to sleep, and put him back to bed in a matter of about 5 minutes.  Andrew just needed his daddy.  It's no secret that Andrew loves his daddy and loves spending time with him, but this is the first time that he has absolutely required his daddy in order to get to sleep.  I'm just glad he finally went back to bed.  Of course, he woke up again about 10 minutes later, but thankfully he was able to put himself back to sleep on his own.  Let's hope tonight is more restful for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment