Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Words of Wisdom Part 1

My mom's dad, my "Papa Jim," loves sending mail. His two favorite things to send you are photos that you have sent to him and little slips of paper with words of wisdom, jokes, or quotations by famous people on them. I'm afraid I'm going to demonstrate that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because I'm going to insert occasional words of wisdom and quotations that I find interesting into my blog. I just can't help myself! So, here is Words of Wisdom Part 1:

A woman at church a few weeks ago quoted counsel given by a past church leader regarding purchases. Before you buy something, ask yourself if either of these statements are true: "I can't afford it, even though I want it" or "I can afford it, but I don't need it."

My sister-in-law, Rebecca, told me about this quotation that her husband saw at work. This should be my guide when I'm about to plan a way-more-time-consuming-and-elaborate-than-necessary dinner when company is coming over. It was something to the effect of: "Yes, you are able to, but should you?"
Do you have any words of wisdom to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment