Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Stairs

Just being around older cousins at Thanksgiving seems to have pushed Andrew forward in his development. He started climbing stairs and standing up on his own. He quickly became proficient at stair-climbing and practices whenever he can. For the few days before I got around to finding a baby gate for the foot of the stairs he would climb up 5 or 6 steps and then kind of call out/whine for me to come get him. Thank goodness he was smart enough to know that he doesn't know how to climb down stairs yet (safely, that is).

Today I got a little bit of a shock when I was in the kitchen and I heard a baby gate topple over and then Andrew crying. I figured he had somehow pulled the baby gate at the foot of the stairs down onto himself. I went to the stairs, and there was the baby gate propped up against the banister and no Andrew in sight. I rushed upstairs to find that Andrew had climbed all the way up the stairs and then had discovered the baby gate that was sitting around propped up against the wall in the upstairs hallway and pulled that one down on top of himself. I won't mention who left the baby gate down at the foot of the stairs. I'm just glad Andrew is so good at climbing stairs without falling.


The stair-climber, on his way to a bath

No comments:

Post a Comment