Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year, New Blogs, New Jeans

New Year

Happy New Year! Well, in about 10 hours from now. Yikes, it makes me tired just thinking about being awake for another 10 hours. Truth be told, I've been staying up past midnight for the last several nights just watching movies or TV episodes with Paul (we just started on the latest season of 24), but now that Andrew sleeps through the night and sleeps in at least until 8 am (I know, he spoils me!) I have a lot more wiggle room in my bedtime.

Anyway, isn't it always exciting to start a brand new year? It seems the possibilities are endless. Just a couple of days ago I found the little scrap of paper that's been floating around since this time two years ago with Paul's new years resolutions on it. The top on the list was "find work". Unless our plans change and Paul goes for a PhD, I am pretty confident that 2010 will be the year he accomplishes that goal. We have all our fingers crossed that it will be EARLY 2010 that that happens. I haven't settled in on any specific goals for myself for 2010. I'll marinate on that and maybe publish some if I have the guts. They say that making a goal public makes you more likely to follow through on it.

New Blogs

I've come across a few cool blogs within the last week that seem appropriate for the new year. You can find them in my list of blogs to the right. For those interested in getting into better shape/being healthier, there's Trainer Momma. For those wanting to be more stylish (who doesn't want to be more stylish?), there's Ain't No Mom Jeans. And for those who want to be more fun, creative moms, there's Rookie Moms. They all look like they have some good info and interesting content.

New Jeans

Ok, this doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of this post (well, maybe the part about wanting to be more stylish), but I'm so excited to report that I found the perfect jeans!!! This is a big deal for a girl. The last time I went on the hunt for new jeans I spent three days of shopping to find a decent pair, and now that I've been wearing them for a few months I find that the fit isn't even as good as I thought. They taper too much at the knee. So I was overjoyed to walk into Old Navy the other night and find a perfect pair or darker-wash, mid-rise (the Old Navy "Flirt" is the best rise for me), straight-leg boot-cut (not flared), jeans that fit great!!! By the way, Old Navy is having their big after-holiday jeans sale so every pair is only $19! I was so excited that I went to try on all the different washes they had in the same style, only to find that every other pair of that style in my size was cut differently and just didn't fit quite right. Ugh, I hate it when they do that. Oh, well, I'm just grateful that the pair that happened to fit perfectly is in a wash I really like. Besides, I have learned my lesson about buying clothes that don't quite fit right or aren't quite flattering, and it is this:
"She who shops then walks away, has money to shop another day"

2 comments:

  1. Gracias for the plug! I too have found that same problem at Old Navy. I'll grab the same size and cut but in different washes only to go home and get them up to my knees. Why do they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so honored to have Trainer Momma comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete