Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Andrew Rides His Bike!

Paul and I are pretty proud of Andrew for learning to ride his bike with no training wheels on Sunday.  We obviously waited until he was past ready, since he picked it up immediately.

Here's how it went down:  Paul and Andrew took the training wheels off, and headed out front with Andrew's bike.  Paul then went back to the backyard to retrieve his own bike.  When Paul got back out front a few minutes later, Andrew nervously said something like, "I was thinking maybe I don't want to ride my bike today."  Paul insisted, and helped Andrew get on his bike and get started, holding onto Andrew's sides and then letting go.  He did this a couple of times before I came out front and Paul went in to get the camera.  While Paul was gone, Andrew picked up his bike, got on, and started riding all by himself.  He can now start, stop, and turn, all without falling.

Here's a little video:


In a side note, here's a funny conversation Andrew and I had tonight as I was putting him to bed:

Andrew, "I hope our baby will be cute."
Me, "I'm sure he'll be very cute.  Maybe he'll look like you."
Andrew, sternly, "No, he definitely won't be as good as me."  
Andrew, happily,  "But he'll be cuter than me!"

Andrew thinks cute is pretty much equal to small, so the hierarchy of cuteness in our family, as he has decided, is first, Andrew, second, me, and third, Paul.  He finds ants to be very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment