Tanner Family

Tanner Family

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time

I've been thinking about time a lot in the last couple of days.  How am I spending my time?  Am I being a wise steward of the time I've been given, or am I just wasting it? 

On Saturday Paul helped some old friends of ours move, so I was home alone with Andrew for the morning and early afternoon.  Andrew was also on his fourth day in a row of not taking his nap (that's another post in and of itself), so we had a lot of time to spend together with no car.  We took a walk around the neighborhood and happened upon some neighbors in our ward out working in their yard (they happen to be the Tanners as well, no relation).  They asked what we were up to and I said "just killing some time."  Brother Tanner responded that we must be waiting for something to happen. 

This got me thinking.  I am waiting for lots of things these days:  Paul to find a job, a renter for the now-vacant condo we own, a short-sale to go through on our townhouse, Andrew to start talking, our general financial situation to improve.  None of these are things I have control over.  It's really quite frustrating and scary sometimes.  But is that an excuse for me to kill or waste the precious time I've been given?  I have a sweet little boy to raise, I have Paul way more available now than he will be once he starts working again, and we're able to be here in the northwest with most of our family.  On a broader scale, I should cherish all the time I have here on earth as a gift from God.

So, I'm going to try to be more conscious of my attitude toward time and how I use it.   

1 comment:

  1. hi carolyn. i don't know if you'll see this comment cause it is an older post. but i enjoyed this one a lot. i can relate in a lot of ways and i should be grateful for the time i have with my kiddos. just the simple joy that i get to be home to raise them is such a blessing. although, i will be honest and am happy when bedtime rolls around each night. thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete